Monday, February 7, 2011

The Full Man Grown

I thought I'd introduce you all to my partner in crime--The Full Man Grown.  I would actually introduce you with pictures and such, but he doesn't really know that he wants his face on here (even with my so-far limited readers)  I respect that, but he didn't say anything about the rest of him.  Evil, I know.  In the pic below, he's wearing a pink shirt because all the guys we were camping with were--it's kind of an inside joke.  And that's one of his loyal sidekicks, our dog Sunny.

So there he is.  He's a pretty good-looking chunk of man-flesh, if I do say so myself.  We've been together for a long time--since high school--but he's one of those guys that gets more and more attractive with age.  He's losing his hair, but that's okay because I like his head shaved and bald better.  He has naturally straight teeth (one of the things I don't like him for) and the most amazing dimples.  His eyes are like chocolate and always have a twinkle in them because he's very seldom serious for long.  He's 6'2" and almost solid muscle from growing up on a farm and continuing to still work on the farm from time to time and have a career as a carpenter.  I don't think he's ever lifted weights to build up muscle or for the "sport" of it, but he has the naturally built muscle that's so much more attractive.   

Now, I don't want you to think that I'm all shallow and only into the FMG for his looks.  While I do enjoy looking at him, it's the last thing I really care about.  He's honestly the perfect guy for me.  He is the big tough guy who is sexy and a little scary at the same time, but inside he's the biggest marshmallow and sweetest man.  He cried at our wedding when he saw me coming down the aisle.  He cried so hard at Brainiac's birth that our family thought something was wrong (he cried for Picaso and Scrat, too).  He cried the first time he heard each of the girls sing in front of the church.   But he's incredibly strong.  He can take so much and is my solid rock whenever I need him.  He works hard so that I can stay home with our girls.  He gives me my time away to re-energize when I need it.  He's just as comfortable with a My Little Pony as he is with his hammer or tractor.  He has literally carried our family both physically and mentally for years.  He is who the song "Tough Little Boys" by Gary Allan was written about.

The Full Man Grown also has a crazy sense of humor that fits mine perfectly.  We laugh all the time about things most people would think ridiculous or just plain strange.  We are that couple that finishes each other's sentences, starts saying the same think at the same time, will think up the same plans without consulting with one another.  We honestly have mostly the same interests--we love being outside, we love time with family, we love sports, we love animals, we hunt, we camp, we fish.  He doesn't scrapbook, and I don't work on engines, but we talk with each other about these activities.  We make an effort to know.

We also fight.  Like the Kenny Chesney song, "I Lost It", says--No one can make me smile or drive me mad like (s)he does.  Oh, there are days I want to strangle him and I know he feels the same about me.  We have had some doozy fights and not talked for a day.  We struggle to sleep as far from one another in the bed as possible and we say as little as we can to each other until it blows up again and we settle it the next day.  We also have the same little squabbles that everyone does--I get mad because he didn't take out the garbage, he gets mad because I let it pile up.  We vent, we don't talk for an hour, and we get over it.  We are both far from perfect and we know it and sometimes we let each other know it, too.  But thankfully, these fights don't identify us.  

Even when I want to boot him in the butt, I couldn't imagine not having the Full Man Grown in my life.  He is my sun and my rain, my light and my dark.  He balances me perfectly, puts up with me, and makes me who I am.  I am a much better person with him in my life.  I hope that you all have that person that you want to simultaneously strangle, kiss and laugh with.  Will you tell me about that person in the comments? 

1 comment:

  1. I watched the song and man did it choke me up! :). I'd never heard it before. *sniff*

    I'm planning to do a post like this one this week for my man. It'll tell how we met, how our love has grown, and how although I love him like crazy, sometimes I'd like to strangle him!

    You'll have to come over and check it out!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thanks for reading and joining in on the conversation. Please leave a comment after the beep...

BEEP!